If you love old vinyl records, but your old 70’s turntable just isn’t cutting it for you, The Denon DP-300F Turntable may be your answer. Aside from a few minor issues which will be discussed later, the Denon DP-300F is a vinyl lover’s delight. The thing that really gets my attention is the fact it will play anything I’ve got. From 33 1/3 to 45’s and 78’s this thing covers all the bases. The fully automatic function gets my heart pumping too. Unlike some players (even more expensive ones) on the market, the Denon DP-300F features push button play and automatic stop. If you’re like I am, and end up falling asleep to music after a hard day, the automatic stop saves a lot of wear and tear on the needle. Nothing worse than waking up in the morning to the annoying sound of the needle going “bump, crackle” endlessly around the final groove of the record. But with the Denon DP-300F that’s not an issue. It stops by itself when the record finishes. Whew! The heavy base makes for reduced vibration and better performance. Cuing is a snap with the manual lifter mechanism. No more dropped needles and scratched records! The Denon DP-300F comes with a built in preamp that makes a separate audio tuner unnecessary. A powerful DC servo motor powers the unit. Its easy to balance tone arm tracks perfectly.
In summary the DP-300F Turntable has some great features:
- Manual lifter for cuing
- Uniform rotation and low flutter
- Playback at 33 1/3, 45, or 78 rpms
- Fully automatic feature allows automatic start and stop of playback.
- Seamless switching between LP and 45’s
- Built in preamp.
There are a couple of minor things that could make it better:
- You may need to use a ground loop isolator to eliminate hum as the unit is not grounded. This is a problem in some installations and not a problem in others. Just depends on your set up. However, this seems to be standard with most turntables I’ve looked at, and ground loop isolators are relatively inexpensive.
- The Denon DP-300F is not USB compatible, so is you’re looking for a quick and dirty way to transfer vinyl to digital format, you won’t find it here. You could still do it with this turntable, but the process is a little more complicated.
- The Denon DP-300F Ships with an OK cartridge which sounds great, but better cartridges are available.
- If you’re a home user looking for a way to enjoy your old vinyl records and do not require USB compatibility, the Denon DP-300F Turntable can’t be beat! This turntable is Denon quality through and through. It will certainly do your vinyl proud!